VENAPRO painless prevention against deep vein thrombosis.
VenaPro ™ portable pump
Intermittent pneumatic pumps are designed to move blood from the veins in the calf to the heart. They do this by exerting slight pressure on the leg and "squeezing" the calf veins, which reduces blood to the heart. The mechanical pumps work in a similar way to the muscle pump in your calves, which are not used as effectively after your hospital stay. You have recommended the use of our portable intermittent pneumatic pump, VenaPro ™. It is easy to use, lightweight and battery-operated, making it very easy to carry because there are no tubes or cords to disturb daily life.
This device can be used to:
- Help with prevention of DVT.
- Improve blood circulation.
- Reduction of post-operative pain and swelling.
- Shortens the wound healing time.
- Assistance in the treatment of: stasis dermatitis, venous stasis ulcers, arterial and diabetic leg ulcers, chronic venous insufficiency and reduction of edema in the lower limbs.
- As a prophylaxis for deep vein thrombosis by people who want to be stationary for a long time.